Get the Visitors Guide & More! View Travel Guides
The Great American Solar Eclipse of 2017August 21, 2017
August 21, 2017
Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge | 08:00 am
The entire Refuge will fall under the path of totality for the eclipse, providing opportunities for viewing, weather permitting. The Refuge is not planning any organized public events; however visitors may view the eclipse from several recreation areas on the refuge on their own. A list of all the best viewing areas on the Refuge is available now. Pick your spot today! Due to the influx of eclipse viewers during the already-busy season, the refuge may need to close certain areas for visitor safety.
Things you should know while you are on the Refuge:
- All entrance and boat launching fees will be waived on August 21st, 2017.
- Camping is only permitted in designated campgrounds.
- Please do not litter. Take trash (including pet waste) with you and dispose of it properly.
- Fires are allowed only in designated areas where controlled structures are provided.
- Motorized vehicle are prohibited on grassy lawn areas adjacent to the parking lots.
- All pets must be on a leash.
- Commercial photography, videography, and other special uses will require a special permit. Please apply for these early to allow time to process them prior to the event.
- As a courtesy to other visitors please do not set up viewing equipment or chairs in the parking lots.
8588 Route 148- Marion, IL 62959